Marija Bistrica

Church of Marija Bistrica

Even before I reached Croatia, I really wished to go to Marija Bistrica. Because of the story brought from my husband who believed in the miraculous power of the statue of Black Madonna. Then I told to myself once I had the chance to visit Croatia, I should have to visit Marija Bistrica.


Marija Bistrica is the largest pilgrimage site in Croatia. The wooden statue of the Black Madonna is also called "Our lady of Bistrica".  And it is the reason why a lot of religious people visits here every year.

As we were going to the town of Marija Bistrica, I didn't even feel boring or feel sleepy because I was amazed by the beauty of the places on our way.
stop
On the way to Marija Bistrica
Untitled

As we were approaching to the church, I couldn't help myself being amazed by the church inside and out. Blessed myself with holy water and l prayed. I haven't had a chance to take a photo inside the church because of many people inside and I thought it was not allowed.

I didn't also have a chance to go in the "Way of the Cross" behind the church. It was late when we went there so I hope next time I make sure to go earlier and go there.
Marija Bistrica, Croatia


Church of Marija Bistrica
Photo Taken: July 06, 2014

Post a Comment

0 Comments