Srđ


Cable Car from Mount Srđ to the Old Town, @ Dubrovnik, Croatia

After enjoying the historical places all over Dubrovnik Walled City, we planned to experience the stunning views of Dubrovnik from Mount Srđ (405 meters above sea level) by taking a ride of a cable car to get there. Dubrovnik cable car's lower station is only a walking distance from the old town.

As the cable car started to lift off, other passengers and I were ready for taking photographs or videos while we are moving upward. A little excitement and joy it brought to me thinking that I can see the whole city completely.

View of town from Mount Srđ

view of Old town from Mount Srđ

view of Old town from Mount Srđ

Upon arriving in the upper station in Mount Srđ, I enjoyed watching happy faces of visitors going directly to the terrace to take some photos of them with the breath taking view of smaller version of Dubrovnik. And of course we did the same too.

There is also a souvenir shops where we can buy for memorabilia from visiting Dubrovnik. But we decided to have a lunch in a restaurant there. It was a perfect place to eat because while we enjoyed our food, we also enjoyed watching over the city below with a similar colour rooftops, surrounded by the thick walls and added by the beauty of Adriatic Sea and the nearby island called "Lokrum".

It was indeed a summer time and windy. but even the sun shine brightly, i still felt cold because of the cold wind touched through my skin even if I was wearing jacket. Besides, I don't think that I'm weird because of it coz I'm not the only one who really felt cold. I saw one family requested a blanket to one of the staff in the restaurant coz their kids felt cold too. 

Here are some of my photos taken from Mount Srđ:

view of Old town from Mount Srđ

view of Old town from Mount Srđ

View of Dubrovnik Old Town from Mount Srđ

view of Old town from Mount Srđ

As the sun heading up high, i still feel the cold breeze of Mount Srđ. From here, aside from the view of small version of Walled City, Dubrovnik Old Town, I also saw this and i find it awesome. Those clouds soaring high, the mountain peacefully lies through the bushes. This scenery makes me realise that even how busy the old city is, there is still a place where you can relax peacefully.

view of Old town from Mount Srđ

view of Old town from Mount Srđ

view of Old town from Mount Srđ

Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. very nice blog...good job keep it up...
    really liked it...
    you may visit my blog by clicking below..

    who will cry when you die

    ReplyDelete